Monday, October 29, 2007

life is good

Today, I had jury duty. I was not picked and was back at work at just after noon. I am such a good employee, I could have taken the whole day off. Weight watchers at work starts this week - woo hoo! I am so excited.

This weekend was so wonderful. Sweetie and I enjoyed each other and our Bug. It was one of those weekends where everything feels so good. Sweetie and I have reached great point in our relationship. We are perfect for each other. And since we have been together for close to 15.5 years, we have grown with each other. We have had several different relationships during this time. It is hard to describe. But we are very different people than 15, or even 3, years ago. With each new phase we find ourselves closer. This weekend we joked and laughed about some of our harder times. This was a huge step. It means I have let go a lot - and that is a big thing for this control freak.

My point is that I am feeling so good. I know I have said it. I wish I could completely describe the difference. I am more confident, more awake. It is a great feeling. I knew I was hypo - I KNEW IT. Now I know better. Another month and I will get my blood tested again. I have no idea where I am right now. All I know is where I don't want to be.

I am very very emotional. Not bad, but in a appreciating everything and everyone around me kind of way.

I do have one bad issue. OK I have many issues, but this one is different. Last week I noticed behind my left knee was giving me some pain. Nothing horrible, but annoying. I assumed I just needed to "work it out". Last night we went on a family walk/run. It was fun as always and I ran more than the last time as my coach can be a hard ass (she says "run mommy"). Today the pain is worse. And tonight it is hurting to walk. Nothing to go to the Dr about, but I must baby it. I have a heating pad on it now. The issue is that the Race for a Cure is this weekend. I have to get this better in order to walk. Grrrr

Now time for bed. I have my heating pad, ate some of the best French toast ala Sweetie, and will have my Bug to snuggle.

All in all, Life Is Good!

1 comment:

Kami said...

Don't run on a bum knee, you!!

Glad you're feeling so well. :)