Saturday, October 13, 2007

we went, we walked, we livedstrong

LiveStrong was awesome. We went to the race expo last night and had fun. I filled out an "In Honor Of" sheet for Deb. That felt awesome. Bug was very good with the chaos and excitement. She found the CVS booth and fell in love with the little bean bag chairs that they had. I asked her if we needed to get some for home to which she replied "yes".

This morning came early. BestFriend was at the house by 6:15am. Bug did not understand why we were getting up so early and why the sun was not up. We found great parking and had plenty of time to warm up before the start of the race.

The race started and ended at the Capitol. Sweetie and me before the race.Bug and Sweetie listening to Lance's speech. The weather was perfect, though the sun was bright at a couple of locations. The best part for me was the music. There was a DJ mixing live while on a pedi-cab. Normally as a walker the fun stuff is already done by the time we get there. Not only did we get to dance while walking, we even passed the DJ. We passed a lot of people. Bug was awesome. She fell asleep shortly after the start and didn't wake up until we finished. Sweetie and Bug after the race. I did great. I even ran some. And I got a PR. YAY me!!!! Here I am after the race. BestFriend also got a PR. Of course, she ran the whole way and met us at the end. And two more photos to round out the post. This is my new cube and my new shoe laces. OK off to enjoy the rest of my weekend. Be safe.

1 comment:

Kami said...

GO YOU!!!!

You looked hot, man!