Thursday, October 04, 2007

uhm.....ok

First things first, I have a HORRIBLE sinus infection. I have Dr's orders to go home and go to bed until Monday. Am I following them? No, I went back to work. But I did leave early and came home and slept for four hours.

Now onto the important news. I gave my blood yesterday like a good girl. And I got the call this morning about my results. I was all prepared to call and schedule my uptake scan as my final step before the RAI.

There has been a change of plans.

No RAI for me this month. You see my thyroid is normal. It is normal for the old standards, the new standards, and even the brand new standards that Drs in CA are following. Without meds for four weeks and it is normal. They are not saying remission yet. I go back at the end of November and test again. I had to have the nurse repeat herself and I just started laughing.

So what I thought were symptoms have been my brain (nice huh?) and my horrible sinus infection.

I cannot believe it, as of right now I am healthy. HEALTHY. I have not had a normal thyroid since the beginning of 2001. I don't even know what to think, how to act. And this sinus infection has totally stolen the thunder of this wonderful news. GRRRRRR!

So I have no excuses in regard to losing weight or studying for the CPA (though I will be watching my stress levels very closely as that is a cause of thyroid changes). And the best part? I get to continue to take my vitamin and calcium first thing in the morning. You cannot take vitamins and your thyroid medication at the same time. This meant I forgot my vitamins most days.

So not saying remission yet. But I am damn motivated to be healthy and do everything in my power to continue on this no medication route.

3 comments:

Crista said...

Holy cow. This is amazing news. Here's hoping remission is in your near future!!!!

sabyan2060 said...

I cannot beleive you found out and did not tell me! :) I am so happy for you, right? It sucks you have to wait another month or more to be finshed with all this, but healthy is healthy :) WoooHooo Glad to hear you are feeling better! Bryan did sooo good today. He came in 10th in is division and 108 out of almost 800! One hour 20min for the sprint triathlon. Not bad for a ols man huh? I sooo hope to see you tomorrow! bryan is make me clean clean clean. You know it only gets done when we have company :)

Love ya!

Anonymous said...

hey, that's really cool! congratulations!