Saturday, December 22, 2007

And I helped.....

I told you that we were busy through Christmas and right now is no exception. But first let me catch you up.

Thursday, Bug and I went to the mall to get Sweetie's Christmas. We were walking in one of the department stores and she was holding a cup of snacks and a bag of snacks from school. Yes, my child is spoiled and yes this is relevant as it paints the picture. So we were walking side by side without holding hands as hers were full. She looks very "big" when we walk like this. So the conversation went like this:
Me: What does Daddy want for Christmas, Bug?
Bug: Noise. (as a matter of fact as she can be, as if this was all thought out)
Me: Noise?
Bug: yeah, noise.... ahhhhhhh (insert noise we make when getting "gotten" after hiding or being tickled)
Me: Yes, that does make Daddy happy, I guess noise it is.
Just too damn cute!

Yesterday, was my parents 34th wedding anniversary. Mom and I like to celebrate things like this so we went to see P.S. I Love You. We really liked the movie and cried the whole time. Finish the evening with some Starbucks and girl talk and you have yourself a great time.

Today, we went to MIL's to snow the yard. Unfortunately, the wind had other ideas and it didn't turn out quite as we hoped. But the good news is that Bug had a great time.

Tonight was the Nutcracker. It was at a new location. GRRRR! It was disappointing, some of the main things that we love, like the live symphony, were not included. AND they were sold out of nutcrackers. But that didn't stop us from having a great time. Our date is "complete" and we are working on wrapping presents. You might ask why I would blog on a date night and more importantly how can I blog when I am wrapping presents? My sweet sweet husband has a side of OCD. He likes presents wrapped a certain way. While I am the more analytical one, I simply do not take as much care as he does. It drives him a bit batty to watch me wrap. So I am helping by putting the gifts into piles, watching It's a Wonderful Life, and cheering him on.

Tomorrow is pedicure with BestFriend and Christmas Eve Eve with Brother. We must wrap, clean, bake, and buy the last present or two. So much to do.

If I don't get back on before, everyone have a MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

No comments: