Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Christmas has begun

OK since we are busy like daily through Christmas, my posts will most likely be short and to the point.

We had my party on Friday and Sweetie's was tonight. Before the party I decided to get my hair cut. YAY I feel like I am me again. I didn't go as short as I was 10 years ago, but it is shorter than I have been in some time. What else is new this week? I woke up early yesterday and today and worked out. YAY me. And this morning I didn't start my stopwatch as I started my walk, I hit the button but it didn't start and I didn't notice as it was dark. And it didn't bother me. That is big for me. I am doing so much better with my control issues. I am letting go of perfection. I tend to expect too much of myself and then when I don't meet my own self made standards, I beat myself up for it. Stupid really. But I am working on it and have seen huge changes. I am sure a longer post will come soon with more explanation. But for now let's just say that with the anniversary coming up, I am doing a lot of looking back and looking forward. I weighed less when we got married. But everything that I am most proud of in the last 10 years happened when I was at this weight or higher so I have to let go of the idea that the scale will somehow make things better. Things are great now and I am healthy and happy - what more could I ask for? I am focusing on a healthy loss that I can maintain. I am focusing on making memories.

Tomorrow night is our last free night until Christmas. We need to finish shopping and start wrapping.

I am feeling so good that I feel guilty. I hate it when friends hurt. I want to make it better.

No comments: