Thursday, December 06, 2007

bringing it all together

Time for reflection. Time for contemplation. I am fighting a cold. Fighting it hard might I add. I refuse to be sick. This weekend is too special. I have the trail of lights 5k. The neat part about this year is that I get to see the trail of lights twice. We have the 5k and then we always go with SIL#2, BIL, Niece, MIL, and Mom. Lots of fun this year.

But something else is happening on Saturday, at the 5k. I am reconnecting with the friend that I have not seen in some fifteen years. I am excited. I am nervous. I have grown, matured, and changed since then. What if she doesn't like me? What if I am not cool enough for her? What if time has been too much? Brother has already met with her a couple of times. I am convinced that I am overreacting.

I am feeling so good. I think my thyroid is still normal. I have been doing very well with my diet. Though nothing has been off limits - it is the holiday season. Having WW at work has been very nice. Tomorrow is weigh in. So far I am down 5 pounds. We shall see what tomorrow brings.

Four weeks left until 10 years. We purchased new wedding bands for the celebration and picked them up last night. They are so beautiful. And tonight we found my anniversary ring. I have been looking for the perfect ring. I am not a traditional type. I wanted something different. I did not want diamonds. When I found this ring and showed Sweetie, he pulled his wallet out immediately and told me to order it because it is the ring. I am so excited. Have I mentioned that I still do not know the plans? Have I mentioned that I have not been asking? Have I mentioned that this drives me crazy?

I am tired. Tonight is going to be watching Christmas movies, eating PB&J, and a long bath. I
have to feel better for the fun of Saturday!

2 comments:

the greatest said...

You are ridiculously silly. How could she not like you? She'll adore you like the rest of us.

T.E. Wallace said...

ARE YOU MAD?!? I do adore you and I'm so very excited and anxious and... I can't wait to see you! If anybody should be weirded out it should be me. You have grown into an amazing person that I have always been proud to know and now I am greatful and thrilled at the chance to get to know the person that you have become better. So right now, throw your cares and insecurities out the window and get ready to have fun. See you Saturday!!