Thursday, May 08, 2008

dedicated

Thank you BestFriend for the wonderful update about me.

I have been very busy with two big projects at work and don't see an end in sight. My boss, as awesome as he is, has apparently forgotten how long these things take. But that is ok.

Speaking of work. Things are good. Unknown, but good. And for once I am truly ok with the unknown. I told my boss my stakes in the changes. Now I just need to tell his boss. And as of this past Friday, I have been employed here longer than at Telecom. That is a big step. And it is funny, I feel so much further along here. I know I had three months maternity leave, but I never felt as comfortable with my boss as I do now.


I think the other part of that is age. I love my 30's. I love not caring what others think and feeling like my thoughts and feelings matter.


Diet is back on track as of 4/24. As of my weigh in today, I am down 4.4 pounds. That is what I needed, to see a reduction - for a total of 36 since my heaviest. Now I need to be consistent with my walking. I walked this morning before work. I really need to get my butt of of bed because I so love early morning walks. All I need now is my new iPod to be uploaded so I have some music. I have the LAST 5k in the Spring Race Challenge on Saturday. I may have a 5k on June 1st - Run for the Rovers - come on have to do it for the animals. But that will depend on my foot. I am having some pain. My goal is to just finish the 5k. Worst case, I will not do the 6/1 5k and focus on recovery. I also need new shoes. I hate buying shoes.

Well that was as much of an update that I can do. It is time to go and get my girl. I hope everyone has a great night.

No comments: