Saturday, May 10, 2008

SPRINT RACE CHALLENGE

Ladies and gentlemen may I have your attention. I, Missy, have completed the Sprint Race Challenge. I completed three 5ks and two 10ks. Not only did I improve, but I beat my goal time for the last one. I got an average of a 15.61 mile and I ran more than I have ever run. In a nutshell, I kicked ass.

And you want to know the best part? BestFriend and Sweetie walked/ran with me. It was so awesome to have their support. Last year we started this craziness. It seems so long ago.

Of course with a good day we also had a downer. Bug is sick. Fever and tired. She isn't coughing or having a bad nose. The good news is that she bounces back fast from this kind of sick, at least I hope so. Currently her fever is gone thanks to the medicine. Blah. And we missed going out with Tammy and JM. But they understood, at least I hope we can get together with them soon. Bug loves her Doodle. I just have to get her better for tomorrow. She has to be good to help Sweetie make me his waffles.

I am doing good still. I have been tracking my food, making healthier choices, and feeling strong. And after today, I am excited to do more running with my walking. My knee might stop me from ever being a full on runner, but that is ok - because I am improving.

For now I am taking my poor baby to bed. Here's to a good night sleep to make her better.

2 comments:

sabyan2060 said...

I am so proud of you! great job :) Sorry about bug. Next 5K I am there! No running though, I don't do running. LOL

Love me

the greatest said...

I am soooo proud of the three of us. We did it! A whole year and improvements all around. We are amazing and its mostly because of you and your role modeling. Love you M. You are my favorite rent-a-sister EVAR