Saturday, May 17, 2008

Too Big

This morning was productive. My Niece is coming for four nights next weekend - and OMG I am so excited because it has been FOREVER since we had her for a weekend. She will be bunking in Bug's room. This means that it needs to be straightened up a bit. Sweetie was in charge of the toys and I was in charge of the clothing. As we jammed to Disney Cuties : Totally Techno I went through the pile of clothing on her chair. I have procrastinated on packing up clothing that was too small. Today was finally the day to face the fact that she is big. Each piece of clothing brought back memories. From the outfit she wore coming home from the hospital that was entirely too big, the shirt she wore when she got her tubes, the outfit she wore in Downtown Disney as she danced, to the everyday clothing that was our favorites. In so many ways that is still how I see her, small and a baby. She is a big girl. She has her own opinions, just ask her and you will find out. She plays, tells me about her day, says "I love you" without being prompted, and acts silly in a way that can cheer me up even on the darkest of days. She is my buddy. But the reality of her getting big really hit today. Sweetie said I was torturing him by showing him the newborn clothing. I was simply sharing :-) I still have two drawers to look through and determine what fits and what doesn't. After that all clothing too small will be packed. I hope we get the opportunity to use them again.

1 comment:

Crista said...

Oh, I so know how you feel! I can not get over the fact that my baby turned three yesterday (post to come on that) and she is just seeming more and more like a big kid every day. Like I'm not already on the verge of tears every moment!

On other matters, thank you so much for your support, Missy. It means the world to me. In fact, I really really need to e-mail you! Much to say!