Thursday, April 20, 2006

Chicken chicken chicken, can I have some pox

This has been a crazy week. Monday and Tuesday we hit all time highs. Hitting 100 in April. Let me repeat that. 100.In.April. Tuesday night we had a good sized storm and our temp yesterday only hit 91 - yay a cold front. Then today we had a HUGE thunderstorm. Actually at my house we had three rounds of storms with two having a lot of hail.

Luckily, I was home during the bad storms today. Why was I home, you might ask? Yesterday, the school noticed a couple of blister bumps on Bug's head. They were not concerned enough to say she could not go to school and she did not have a fever, so I planned to make an appointment sometime today. We even went out to eat last night with HowieMaui and her husband.

This morning she had more bumps. Chicken pox? Of course not. I figured it was a fungus or allergic reaction, although the pox was my first thought yesterday. Sweetie took her to the Dr. Yes, she does in fact have Chicken Pox. My 10 1/2 month old has chicken pox. And she cannot go back to school until Thursday. Since Sweetie was off the morning, I took off the afternoon. We still need to figure the remainder of the time off.

We slept during one of the big rounds of thunderstorms - that made for some good sleeping. I woke to hail. Crazy hail. Car is fine, that is the important thing.

Poor Bug is hanging in there. She is not scratching yet, so that is good.

On the job front. There not any part time jobs at the rate I would need. So I am looking around, putting myself out there - for higher pay to get out of debt faster. Crazy thing? I have two interviews and one meeting with a headhunter next week. We shall see.

Or I am going to try to figure how I can stay home. I know all over the place. What is new?

And although I am immune to chicken pox, I am all itchy, lol.

1 comment:

Crista said...

Poor bug! Chicken Pox suck. Hope she's better soon.

Good luck with the job stuff. Such hard decisions!!

By the way, you've been TAGGED at the other blog I sent you a link to...go see if you want something to help you bide the time. :)