Thursday, April 06, 2006

Feel the burn

I feel great. The depression went away on Friday and has stayed away. Yay. I ate healthy today. YAY. And I worked out tonight. Let me repeat that, I worked out tonight. As in 20 minutes of walk/running (getting my base before training begins). I did 5 minutes of walking followed by 30 seconds of running for the 20 minutes. The workout felt good and I think I will increase the speed when I go back on Saturday. I worked some abs and did some stretches, they have the neatest stretching chair. I completed my time with some weight training. I am doing a workout from a book called "Perfect Parts". It has a great beginners routine.

The bottom line is that I did a complete body workout. I think this is the first time in 19 months that I worked all my body parts. I think we might just keep this gym membership. It was a wonderful feeling to workout while listening to The Simpsons on my headset.

After work, Sweetie had a bowling practice, so I tagged along - as I got out of my meeting early. YAY. If I am hanging out and not really participating, give me a pad and paper and I will entertain myself for hours. I did this very thing. What I normally do is free write about important topics, plan, and make lists.

This should not surprise anyone.

Well, I started writing about my eating (already was eating "good" for the day). I realize, that where I am in my life now, this could all change next week, I don't want to count anything. Not points, not carbs, not fat, not calories. I want a guideline to eat by with my one day off a week. I know this means that I will lose slower, but it is worth it to me. I also realized that I have been "waiting" for a start date. I say "I think I will go back to WW meetings tomorrow". This means Saturday, Wednesday, Thursday. Things come up and I don't go. That might be work, family, or even sleep.

I already have a start date - Aug 2004. That was my highest weight. That is not going to change. I don't want a new start date as that would mean gaining back all of my weight. So since my start date cannot change, I might as well try my hardest to lose what I can while my meds level out and such.

So I had a healthy salad without dressing for dinner. And I just finished some dried plumes and water - yummy.

I don't want to count anything. I want to adapt a healthier lifestyle that promotes remission of my Graves' as well as keeping up with my beautiful baby girl.

Yay for me today. Eating with healthier choices, working out, and keeping the blues away.

No comments: