Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Voicemail

OK so you work for a large telecommunications company. You leave the company. Before getting home on your last day, your access and accounts are deleted/changed and rerouted.

However, after almost FOUR months, the voicemail was not changed. Voicemail.at.a.telecommunications.company.

Bug's school called to let me know she bonked her head. Big bonk. Right before Easter. Well, the Director said "did you get my message?" Well, I didn't. After checking the home phone, cell phone, and work phone, I thought "I wonder about my old voicemail". I call the direct line. Lo and behold I hear "You have reached Missy's voicemail". OMG, they didn't change it. I log into the account. OMG they didn't even change the password. I had 16 messages. Two were Bug's school - obviously they thought they had the correct number - I mean it was MY voice saying MY name. I listened to each message. Nothing extreme. Some funny ones, but nothing I could send on to anyone. When I finished listening, I changed my voicemail. I am so good.

Totally cracks me up.

Then on a flip side. We had our first fraud experience. I was bathing Bug and we got a call from the bank. They needed to ask security questions, it was the fraud department. Sweetie puts me on the phone, I am the main contact for the account. They asked if we used our card for dinner - yes. They asked if we filled up for gas - yes. They asked if we used a cash advance for $197 - no. All I know is that it was a cash advance in California. The fraud was reported, the money never leaving our account. Way to go!!!! We assume the transactions happened at the same time -meaning in TX and CA. That sent up a red flag. I feel great about my banking choices.

If you notice the time, I should be at the gym. Not tonight. I am tired, my wrists are aching. And I am doing a better workout with blogging while drinking my Smirnoff. Sweetie and I rarely drink during the week, but these were cold, and I wanna, and I am almost 30 - I can do what I want.

Now if only I could figure out how to take half a day off on Friday.

Actually work was pretty good today. We shall see, I am going to go where fate takes me.

1 comment:

Crista said...

Hey Missy! I've had a hard time keeping up with you lately, but have been doing my best to read the latest on bloglines. Just wanted to let you know that I'm always checking in on you, and thinking about ya...