Monday, April 24, 2006

Withdrawal

I have been so bad with my blogging. And, Crista, I got your tag and am working on the list.

I have been taking care of Bug, with Sweetie's help of course. She is doing much better. While still covered in pox, they are much less than they were on Saturday - her worst day.

I was at work half a day today. I am working the mornings until Bug goes back to school. Then Sweetie was nice enough to watch Bug while I went to an interview. It went well. I should know this week. Don't worry, I am weighing more than just money in with my decision.

Sweetie and I started South Beach phase one today. For those of you who do not know, South Beach is about the right carbs (fruits and whole grains), proteins (lean meats, peanut butter, lowfat dairy), and fats (canola and olive oil for example). Phase one is two weeks without the fruits and whole grains to jump start weight loss and reduce cravings. Today was good. I had turkey bacon and a chai tea (homemade) for breakfast; chicken, pecan, and spinach salad with cheese for lunch; lowfat lunchmeat, lowfat cheese, and a pickle for snacks; diet cokes to help curb the cravings; rosemary salmon (I made it myself), cooked spinach, and iced tea for dinner; and sugar free pudding for dessert. YUMMY.

Since I knew South Beach was coming, I have been eating badly, and having a ton of candy with Easter. I am totally feeling the withdrawal. But it is nothing to stop me. I am determined to complete phase one. Brother is even altering our family dinner on Friday so that we can stay on plan. It is so wonderful to have Sweetie doing it with me. He totally loved the salmon I made tonight - shhhh don't tell him, but it was way easy.

We dropped the gym last week. The thirty day trial was up and we realized we had not used it as much as we wanted. We are going to focus on an exercise habit at home and then going back to the gym later.

I was so excited about Motive falling on my 30th b-day. The thought of celebrating with a half marathon sounded perfect for me. Problem? My graves. Muscle fatigue is a huge problem, mainly leg, from what I have discovered from my research - and why walking 30 minutes can kick my butt now. While I would love to train and see how far I can get, I want to be able to make other b-day plans if the 13.1 miles will be too rough on me. I am not giving up yet. Training doesn't start until May 15th.

I can always alter my plan to run the Susan G Komen Race for a Cure, which falls one week before my b-day. It would still be a challenge, as I have never run a 5k. But it would be less time on my legs. I will, as always, keep everyone updated on this decision.

No comments: