Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Yard Nazi

I got to be in full-force mom mode today. Two kids were using our backyard as a cut through. I totally caught them and was able to yell at them. We are fixing the fence this weekend. I do not want to take the chance of a kid getting hurt sneaking through and being sued.

I remember being a kid and yelling at the much older kids cutting through my mom's yard. I think I have always been at least 30.

I was not feeling well this morning, so I did not go to the other interview planned. Instead I enjoyed a nap with Bug - yay.

Tonight, I made dinner, shrimp stirfry - shrimp, snowpeas, mushrooms, bell pepper, green onions, olive oil, soy sauce, ginger, and garlic. Yummy yummy. Sweetie was working late so Bug and I took him dinner. He was very appreciative. Today, other than feeling bad earlier, we had another good day on phase one.

Deb requested that we post a memory. Summer: Peanut butter cookies fresh from the oven. My mom in the yellow kitchen with mid-morning sun. Summer days long enough to exhaust a kid. Being able to be gone most of the day with only saying "I'm going to play, Mom, see you soon". Riding my bike with friends to 7-11 to get slurpees - coke and cherry mixed, eating an astro pop outside while sitting with my grandpa on the curb, fresh cut lawn, falling backwards into the neighbor's pool, and falling in love with Sweetie.

No comments: