Monday, February 25, 2008

doing my part

I had the beginnings of a crappy day. I did our taxes last night. Let me just say - new tax bracket sucks. Oh and owing sucks.

But other than that, yesterday was good. We voted - yep we have done our part until November. This is not a political blog, but I am very happy that my household is an Obama one. We also played in a park, did our grocery shopping, and enjoyed a great lunch.

Then in the evening I started my walk/run program. It consists of running for one minute then walking for three repeating six times. Bug and Sweetie went with me. They are the best. My little coach would run ahead of me and encourage me to keep going. I learned that I can run for a minute without dying or my knee screaming. And I also learned that my 2.5 year old can run damn near 2 miles. My ultimate goal is to catch up to her abilities.

Today is a rest from walk/running. My knee is doing good. I am all about going at this with a slow approach. I am always the most sore two days after a workout - so I will be watching my knee closely tomorrow.

Now I am off to read to my Bug.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Not that I'm trying to post everyday, but I just had to say that you should be glad you don't have state and city income tax. Now that sucks.