Sunday, February 17, 2008

Happy Birthday Brother!

Happy Birthday Brother!!! I had a great time celebrating your b-day with you tonight. Thank you for including me.

And I swiped this from SIL#2, it is so very true: "You're 6:49 a.m.
You're the time of day right around sunrise, when the sky is still a pale bluish gray. The streets are empty, and the grass and leaves are a little bit sparkly with dew. You are the sound of a few chirpy birds outside the window. You are quiet, peaceful, and contemplative. If you move slowly, it's not because you're lazy – it's because you know there's no reason to rush. You move like a relaxed cat, pausing for deep stretches that make your muscles feel alive. You are long sips of tea or coffee (out of a mug that's held with both hands) that slowly warm your insides just as the sun is brightening the sky."


Bug is doing better, much better actually. She started feeling better yesterday, though I am so glad I kept her home the one extra day. She is acting silly again, eating again, and no more fever. YAY. Today was spent watching her closely making sure no relapse as of yet. It was rainy so I did not get my walk in. I hope to get it in tomorrow. We did enjoy watching the rain. And when it stopped the birds came out. We received a bird feeder for Christmas. It was my favorite gift, as silly as it sounds. It is simply so peaceful to watch the birds feed. Today was filled with little red birds.

Tonight was a lot of fun. Brother, a friend of his, BestFriend, Sweetie, and I all went out. The evening consisted of shuffle board, pool, laser tag, rock wall, bowling, and much laughing. It was a lot of fun and I cannot believe that I am still awake at this hour. Best part of the night "it's a pickle" from BestFriend who bit into a fried pickle that she thought was cheese.

I have eaten very badly this weekend. I did it with the excuse of Brother's b-day. But I know the truth is from the stress of the week. No excuses, just time to get back on track.

Plus my mom got a great check up this past week. I can't let her be healthier than me now can I?

So goals for this next week include studying, exercising, and eating healthy.

No comments: