Friday, February 01, 2008

Go Red for Women


Today is the American Heart Association's Go Red for Women Day. Are you wearing your red? Heart disease is the biggest killer of women. I feel strongly about this. I am lucky that healthy hearts run in my family, but I have to take care of myself. I am wearing red. Much like my involvement with cancer fighting charities, I feel this one is important. Both promote healthy lifestyles. And truly, I believe that is one of the main factors in our fight.
Not only am I wearing red, wearing my red dress pin, and my American Heart Association "Start" pin, but Mom and I are also giving blood today. Remember every 8 weeks you can give blood. And everytime you give blood, you save two lives.
So give blood, exercise, and eat right. Yes, that is the focus today. Plus I lost 3.2 pounds this week at weigh in. WOO HOO. I am doing good. This weekend is going to be about relaxing, exercising, studying, and trying to be productive. Sounds fun, huh?

SRC Day 1: Rest - complete

1 comment:

TheStolenOlive said...

They won't take my blood, but today I not only wore a red sweater but also red socks & red ankle boots.

Glad to hear your health is improving and congrats on the loss at Weigh In.