Thursday, March 06, 2008

Day in the Life of a Missy

Things are exciting here in the World of Missy. We have drama everywhere. Drama tires me. We live in an interesting time. We bloggers put our thoughts "out there" for others to read. And they do. Even my little blog has a following. Ten years ago you didn't have such an opportunity to snoop on others as we do today. Of course, what you see is what you get. I don't blog about everything, only what I am ok with others knowing. Some might think I confide too much. I do what is right for me.

It has been brought to my attention that my blog causes someone pain. I am not going into who or what or why. My point is that we are all adults. We all have the control over what sites we read and when. As I have said before, my blog is a "feed the cat" blog. I am not political, humorous, or with an agenda. This is simply my life, a journal in a public form.

I don't write posts to hurt. In fact I have been blogging less in order to try and eliminate some pain from this person. I cannot do that any longer. They are a grown-up and can read or not read. If reading causes pain, perhaps we aren't truly friends as this blog is me.

I was very emotional when I got this news today. To the point of telling co-workers. I do not open up to co-workers often, but apparently it was quite obvious something was wrong. And after I got the same advice for the fourth time, I realized that I need to get back into this blog and why I do it - uncensored. If it bothers any of you, don't read. As I say, this is my blog and I write it for me.

I don't have an exciting life, most of it is with Sweetie and Bug. And to be honest, they are pretty close to everything I need. I am lucky enough to get two girl outings in a month - on a good month. I am lucky enough to be close friends with Mom. And BestFriend is more of a sister than simply a friend. She knows me well enough to know if my thyroid is off, if something is bothering me, and checks in on me to see how I am doing at reaching my goals. I am happy and healthy. Things are going well at work and I am excited about two more friend gatherings in the near future.

I need to focus on what keeps me healthy. I need to focus on what keeps me happy. Such as it is in the Day in the Life of a Missy.
Speaking of days - if you are going to buy one book this season, you need to buy 100 Days of Monsters: Sweetie is one of the contributors. He is officially published. We go next weekend to the release party in LA. Ya baby - we are big time, in a small, cute and unique way.

Thank you A for introducing me to the song "I've got a pocket full of sunshine". Thanks to Bug also loving it, it is stuck in my head. I leave you with my favorite verse:
"And there's no more lies.
In the darkness, there's light.
And nobody cries.
There's only butterflies."

No comments: