Tuesday, June 06, 2006

06-06-06

People are so funny about today's date. Last year, as we prepared to have bug, we commented that we were happy that it was not a year later as her delivery date would be today (planned C-sections are done on Tuesdays). The nurses had not realized it and we had some good conversations about it. While I am not too superstitious, I would hate for the remainder of her life to be DOB = 6-6-6. Jump forward a year and I see articles with women requesting early inductions because their due dates are today. I read other "articles" that say the world is ending today.

I don't think God would plan the end of days based on a number like this. Plus wouldn't that mean that Australia and the like should already be gone. I mean it is 6/7/06 over there now. A time or a date just doesn't work as well as people think it would. But what do I know? It could be the end today. And you know what? There is nothing I could do about it. There was a lady at the daycare today, another parent, who said she was putting yesterday's date because she could not write the whole 6/6/06 number.

But let's discuss what this date REALLY means. It means the day before my baby girl turns one. One more day and I will have kept her alive a year. My baby girl. I was home with her yesterday - she got sick Saturday and Sunday - nasty nasty sick. So we slept yesterday. I think she had a bigger plan. She knew I was not feeling great - I have a cold/allergies. She knew I needed rest. So she and I took three big naps yesterday. I love just holding that baby. But I am happy to say that yesterday evening I worked out, cleaned the kitchen, and did some painting.

Tomorrow, Sweetie, Bug, and I are all taking the day off. In the morning I am baking a cake - she has to have cake on her b-day. And yes, she will get to eat her piece all on her own. We planned on also getting a family photo taken. However, she has a strange rash all over her body. We do not know the cause. She does not have a fever - but we hope to have more answers tomorrow at her 1 year appointment. So we might have to postpone the photoshoot until the weekend. I will take a million photos tomorrow to capture the day, but I am not paying the fees for professional ones until she looks normal, I know I am a bad mom :-)

Tonight we are going to the party shops (did you know that you have to order brown balloons - none in Austin that we can find), cleaning the living room and dining room for tomorrow's very casual gathering, working out, and finishing the needed painting. I am so very emotional about tomorrow. She started the 12-18 month room today. The part that killed me? She fit in.

On the CPA job front - I emailed back stating that I could not go lower than $2 an hour higher than they suggested. Even that would be a cut, but a more bearable one as Bug's tuition just went down $40 a month. We shall see.

I am so sore. Sweetie and I have been working out to our Yourself Fitness. That Maya works you hard. I love it. So my new goal, I know always changing, for my b-day is to earn at least a bronze with the President's Challenge (20,000 points). That way the goal is not based on weight - if I lose, I lose. But if I can increase my fitness level, that would be fantastic. Sweetie is doing it too. We have a team and everything. Let me know if you want to join. And yes, I will order the cheesy medal.

Oh and I cut my hair this weekend. I love it. I loved it before she finished and I never got that "please stop cutting now so it will look decent" feeling. As I was paying, a stranger, waiting for her haircut - on a cell phone even, told me that I look so much better and younger. Awesome. I cannot put it in a ponytail, but that is ok. It is less to deal with.

I am missing my Dad a lot today. BestFriend says it is because he is here for Bug's b-day. I like that idea.

No comments: