Monday, June 12, 2006

Birthday Party!!!!!!!!!!!!!


The birthday party was a huge success. I feel so loved and special. Brother came over on Saturday and fixed our fence and gate - THANK YOU BROTHER!!!! Sweetie helped him, they bonded while I cleaned inside. And we had much appreciated last minute decoration help. Mom and MIL handled balloons and Brother and SIL went crazy with the crepe paper. It was perfect.
Sweetie painted a piggy bank for Bug with 365 quarters in it for her. I painted a rocking chair. I stayed up very late on Saturday night completing my masterpiece. I think it turned out great. Best part, she loves it.
Other wonderful gifts included a piano, a water table, little people farm, books, clothing, really cool shoes and artwork. She really made out and with only one book and one top as duplicates - I am very impressed. I did feel like I didn't get a chance to chat with everyone - we had over 30 people there. I spent most of my time chasing my Bug, as it should be. She was the center of attention. And she had older boys to play with - she loves big kids, but boys are her favorite. The last of the people left after 11:00 - 6 hours after the end of the party. I love it. Bug was awake the whole time.
Best part of the day
~ family helping the decorating, as I mentioned above
~ seeing a house full of people who love my Bug
~ seeing Bug play with the big kids
~ friends helping pick up
~ seeing Bug's name in icing - made me feel like an adult
~ opening gifts with Bug and seeing items that I mentioned once as something I would like for her to have - BestFriend listens
~ Sweetie gave out pins that he made of his bug logo, as can be seen at his cafe press store. I love them.

Not so best part of the day
~ having the worst muscle cramps to date - each buttock and back of the thigh at the same time - while feeding Bug her b-day cake. I was able to get Sweetie to take over for a minute while I went to the bathroom to try and stretch. It did not help - but I did go right back to the kitchen and take my magnesium and calcium. I was a good soldier and no one knew of my pain, other than Sweetie.

And now one of the sunflower pictures:

2 comments:

Kate Giovinco Photography said...

I was looking forward to pictures of the big party!

Looks like lots of fun!

Grammy G said...

The party was great. You did a great job and everything looked fantastic. A wonderful time was had by all.