Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Silver Lining

Today I went to the Dr, three months since starting the meds. She does not think the muscle cramping is from the medicine per say. But rather she thinks that the cramping comes from my current ratio of the three chemicals that make up the thyroid. So while the meds put me in this ratio, it is not a side effect. Does that make sense? She believes that it will get better as my last chemical becomes closer to normal.

I went in to the appointment all bummed. All I could think of was my weight gain and the cramping. Then the dr asked me some questions.

How is the medication treating you?
~I said the joint pain was all but gone and that now it was the cramping that she and I already discussed. Oh wait, yea the joint pain is a lot less.

She asked about my hand tremors.
~Oh those are gone. Yea, those are gone.

How are the heart palpatations?
~Those are gone too.

She then checked my thyroid. And declared no swelling.
~It was enlarged last time. Wow this medicine really is working.

WOO HOO. It is working. She did not suggest the radiation. I was afraid she would. So I need to get on the ball with my weight. Hard when we leave for vacation in 2 weeks. I cannot believe it is so close.

So now I only have 21 more months on this medication. UGH. That seems like forever. That is the same amount of time since I got pregnant. How funny. Life has changed so much in 21 months.

I go back on July 12th for more blood work.

No comments: