Monday, July 30, 2007

My Mommy Weekend

No big hair or shiny shoes for me. I did not make it to Dallas as planned. The goal was to leave after the b-day party on Saturday, thinking it was from 1-3. However, I was wrong. It was from 5-7. While Sweetie told me to go and was very supportive of taking a very two year old to a party by himself, I knew I would have full blown mom guilt.

While I missed not seeing the bitches and cannot wait to see them hopefully sometime soon, I am so glad that I did not go. Not only was the party a success, she was the only one from the school that came (the others were family and friends of the parents), but we also ended up having an impromptu playdate with Bug's boyfriend. It was very nice and relaxed. However, Bug was being very two all weekend. And if you are not a parent and don't know this joy, being very two means full blown fit and then suddenly sweet and nice. It is the strangest thing.

The whole weekend was about being a mommy/a family. It was awesome. And other than me fighting a sinus infection with all my might, I had a great weekend. Pictures will come shortly. All I can say is that it is neat to have the popular kid. Everyone wants to hang out with her. We will see if we passed and if she gets invited to anything else. And with our busy weekend we also had some nice downtime with watching movies and napping.

And to top off the weekend, when I weighed in this morning I was down 3 more pounds. YAY!! 11 weeks until LiveStrong Challenge and 12 weeks until IBM 10k. Sweetie and I are doing good with our training and plan to start adding some strength training and such to our routines. More on that later.

This weekend left Sweetie and me pumped about some of our goals right now - house wise, family wise, health wise, etc. It is just nice to feel like things are coming together and to feel in control.

Don't worry I am not going to allow myself to get full blown sick. I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow.

2 comments:

Kami said...

We missed you! But so glad you had a great weekend.

Anonymous said...

We missed you bunches, but it sounds like you had a great weekend! Maybe we'll all have to take over Austin :-)