Friday, July 27, 2007

So?

First, need to post that I saw the Dr and my White Blood Count is normal. YAY! He still has no idea what caused it. Due to the fast drop I have to go back in three months to make sure that it has stopped dropping. But I am declared healthy. He is simply perplexed. This does not surprise me as I am not normal.

BestFriend told me something very wise, she read it in a magazine. That when you are doubting yourself you should reply with "So?". I love it. I was complaining about my bad knee and how it is hurting and how when it hurts I worry that I won't ever be able to run and I want to run. If my knee prevents me from ever running, so? If I can only walk, so? I love to walk. That is when I realized how far I have come. Yes, my weight will get me down. Yes, my disease can get me down but my outlook is so much healthier. I think that is why I am told repeatedly that I look so healthy now. I might weigh more than I did when I was diagnosed with my Graves' but I wasn't healthy then. My thinking about my weight loss is to get out of the obese range - to improve my health. But I was getting dressed this morning and thinking about how I am a medium in clothing size - though some manufactures are confused about mediums and some are a bit tight. But I thought, what is wrong with medium? And I realized that after I hit my goal of BMI under 30, I am going to continue my healthy lifestyle without obsessing about losing weight. If I lose more then it will be because my body wants to let it go. If I don't, I will still be improving my health. My focus is training for the 10k, being able to go faster, becoming stronger, and improving my life.

I am in a good place right now. That makes me happy. I am starting to feel more in control of my life. This whole thing is a process. I think I am doing good and then I start to do even better and I see that the previous good was only moderate. Does that make sense?

Tomorrow is a b-day party for one of Bug's friends. This is her first b-day party to attend that isn't family. We cannot wait. After that I am going to head to Dallas to visit some bitches. Yay!

I looked at the forecast and get this, surprise I know, there is rain predicted for Friday. This is not good as Sweetie and I have tickets to see the Round Rock Express to celebrate his b-day. Repeat after me, no rain outs, no rain outs.

I am a procrastinator at heart. This is my biggest fault. Not my only fault mind you, but that is for a whole 'nother post. So when my boss, his boss, and her boss, ARE GONE - how the hell am I supposed to stay here? I am lucky enough to be salaried - and eat at my desk most days to make sure work is complete. But I am so bad about saying "the work can wait until Monday". I mean, come on, can't it? Blah. So I am desperately trying to be good and stay here. I know you are pointing out that I am blogging at work right now. Yes, I am not working, but at least I am here. And the announcement that I am actual management now has not been made, so no one would notice :-) Oh did I also mention that I have the ability to justify ANYTHING, heehee.

With that I think I am going to pick up a bug and take her b-day shopping for her daddy. Yay shopping.

No comments: