Wednesday, July 25, 2007

that is Manager Missy to you

I am still here. And have the nice opportunity to blog as my boss left early today. Things are going well in my world. Though I am looking forward to a weekend that we don't have any plans and can just veg. That might be the weekend of Aug 11 as this weekend Bug has a b-day party to go to with one of her buddies from school and the next weekend is Sweetie's b-day.

Speaking of Sweetie. He has a new blog. He has his normal blog, where he is bad about posting, and now has added a fun blog. He created a site called I am jealous. Check it out!

I am back on the weight loss bandwagon. I rejoined weight watchers online Sunday night. So far I have been good. Not obsessing, just counting what I eat and focusing on more SouthBeach/Core Foods. We shall see. My walking is still going well. Still worried that the 10k might be too far too soon. Though I went further on the same time frame of training and I weighed close to 30 pounds more when I did TNT. Blah. I just want to feel great. My goal is to lose weight/feel better for our 10 year anniversary. I have no idea what Sweetie has planned, maybe nothing - but I want to feel good about the pictures taken regardless - as I always make sure to have pictures taken.

Work is going well. We finished the big tax return that I was working on. YAY. It wasn't hard, just a lot of calculations and I had to bring my department into the 20th century. They had tons of 10-key tape taped to sheets to show their calculations with hand written tiny notes. That does not work for me. I use excel. You can enter the formulas, have better descriptions, and save it for next time. The best part is that if one number is off, you don't have to rerun the whole tape. Luckily, my boss thinks this is a good thing. And while it is not official, it should be at some point this week. My big news is that my Manager title will actually be used. Four people will begin reporting directly to me. This is big. The most I have managed before is 2. Yay for using my degrees. They better watch out, don't you know that I am a hard ass boss.

I go back to the Hematologist tomorrow. They want a final look to make sure that everything is normal. I am sure that it is. I am feeling pretty good. Not quite as tired as I have been. Then I go back to my Endo in Sept. I think that is when we will discuss the RAI. I still HATE the idea of it. I don't like making decisions where there is no going back. I do not do well with that thinking. But I believe that Sweetie and I are done with these meds and I need to be six months or so past RAI before trying for #2. And since we are ready for #2, it means we need the RAI. I just hate being on meds forever. And I know, I know - it could be so much worse.

OK I think I am going to sneak out early and go and get my little girl. Everyone have a great night!

1 comment:

Sheri & SuZan said...

Hard ass - bwahahahahahaha! Love Excel!