Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Rest in Peace

July 1997 - July 2007

Rest in Peace my dear Abby. You will always be the forever kitten to me. Ten years was not enough time with you. You always brought me a smile; the way you would hop to reach a hand for pets, your chortling, or you rolling off the banister and falling down the stairs in apartment #2. Our home will never be the same without you. You were the one who kept her promise about not getting big. We love you and will miss you greatly. I found her. Not fair. Not fair at all. I was coming into the room to blog about good things when I saw her. Sweetie is now out running - he isn't doing well with this. She was his baby. I know people lose pets everyday. I know she was 10. I don't care. She was my kitten. Her sister, Allie, is hiding under the bed mourning. It makes me want to cry more. This is our first loss since being on our own. It cuts deep.

Earlier today Sweetie and I scheduled to take Friday off to spend a couple day together. After tonight it will be greatly needed. Send good thoughts that my other babies stay healthy.

6 comments:

T E Patterson said...

I am sorry, she was a sweet kitty.

Kat said...

So sorry about sweet Abby. It's not fair and she was your kitten, you are entiled to grieve as much as you want. (((HUGS)))

Patti said...

I am so sorry. The loss of a beloved pet is nearly unbearable. My thoughts are with you.

Anonymous said...

I didn't get to read this until a day late. I wish you had called. Hugs to all of you.

Kami said...

I'm so sorry, sweetie.

((((HUGS))))

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry about Abby. Our fur kids are so much a part of the family.

(((HUGS)))