Sunday, September 07, 2008

happiness is

Ok this was the strangest weekend. And each event, in and of itself was nothing. But all together they make me smile. Yesterday, the main link to me meeting Sweetie found me on mysp@ce. She is the one who introduced me to the ex-boyfriend who took me to the party where I met Sweetie. Keeping up? She and I went to one school, her boyfriend went to another. She introduced me to her boyfriend's friend. He then took me to a third school's party two years after we stopped dating where I met Sweetie. There will be a quiz.

Anyway... So she found me. That is cool. Then today we went to the grocery store, as it is Sunday. At the store we saw a mom of another ex. We see her a lot as she still lives in the neighborhood and works close. I have never said anything to her. I didn't know she recognized me. Today we saw her and she commented on Bug. One isle later she said "oh I didn't realize she was yours, Melissa". Wow she recognized me and knew my name. As it is with grocery stores, you walk along the same route so we were with her for a bit. I got the dirt on her sons and she asked questions about Bug and such. It was strange as I don't think she has ever talked to me like this.

Then after everyone left tonight, the ex that is the direct link to me meeting sweetie found me on f@cebook. The one who took me to the party where I met Sweetie. So interesting. Is the universe trying to remind me how lucky I am to have Sweetie? I know it, I don't need reminding. Am I emotional these days and biting his head off? Well, yes, but that is expected and I own up to it and apologize as soon as I see I am being crazy, which is usually during the moment. But back on the subject, I appreciate the reminder nevertheless. And I was so nice to let him sleep while dinner cooked. See him sleeping, isn't he the sweetest. Today I wanted to spend time with Mom and MIL without any big reason or unhappiness behind it. I also wanted to use my crock pot. So I made turkey breast with brown rice chili and biscuits. It was so good. I also invited BestFriend over. Seeing her made me feel so good. As we relaxed with the Moms after dinner we had the best surprise of DarkDiva showing up. Normally I am hesitant of the drop in. But this time, I loved it. It was so good to see her and hug her and feel loved.So I am ending the weekend with a beer in hand and smiling. I feel loved, grateful for my life, and simply happy. The happiness is so strong today that it completely makes up for the sadness yesterday.

Oh and here is the humming bird feeder that Sweetie bought me to remind me about life. Here's to a productive and healthy week ahead.

1 comment:

T.E. Wallace said...

I am so thrilled that the universe is keeping you in line and reminding you to keep your perspective about things. You are truly, madly, and deeply loved, T ((HUGS))