Sunday, September 14, 2008

Weekend Update by Missy

This weekend was good. Friday night we went to Jim's and I got to see MotoDiva. She is having a rough time and seeing her face to face was very nice.

Saturday was lunch with BestFriend with a lil shopping. After the shopping we dropped Bug off at Moms and we went home to prepare for date night.

What did we do first? Nap of course. Man it was nice. Then we went to our favorite sushi place and sat at the bar. We had WAY too much sushi - I had no idea Sweetie could pack away nearly 40 pieces of sushi. He ordered a lot on his own and then I couldn't finish mine, so you know how it is. We left to see a movie only to find out what we wanted to see was not being shown at the theater we went to and by the time we got to another theater the movie would have started.

We are no longer the party animals of our youth. And that is fine by us. We found ourselves back at home enjoying each other instead of staying out late. It was a great night.

Tonight though is when Sweetie really proved himself. As we were coming home from the store and errands we drove past his Uncle. He moved into our area a few months ago. Anyway, Uncle invited us to dinner. As I wanted my much desired bubble bath and to study, Sweetie offered to take Bug and go to dinner with the family while I had alone time. Let me repeat that, ALONE TIME. I was able to take my super hot bath with candles and a beer, in peace. It was wonderful. I didn't soak long as I wanted to get some studying done. I studied for nearly two hours. I got a lot done and am very happy with myself.

That was the weekend. It wasn't the most exciting, not a drop of rain from Ike. But sometimes not exciting is best. Next weekend should be more interesting as we take Bug to her first ballet.

For now I must prepare for bed, I have an early Dr appt with my Endo. I will post my results when I get into work...er I mean when I get home and am no longer on the clock ;-)

No comments: