Saturday, September 20, 2008

Never Forget

Today marks 11 years since we lost my father. It is always emotional. However, I think this year is easier, most likely due to Bug being such a big girl these days. Though I do remember it getting easier after 10 years after my Grandma's death. Regardless, I miss him daily. I think of how much has changed, which is so much. I miss you, Daddy.

So we did what we do each year, we went to the lake where we scattered his ashes. The lake was down very low like it was two years ago. Last year it was as full as it was when we scattered his ashes. Whenever we see it low I feel a little sad. When it is low the ducks and geese don't come to visit. But this didn't stop us. It is a beautiful place regardless. Last year I would have been in water to take this shot. Sweetie took Bug out onto some of the rocks. She has grown so much since last year. It amazes me. We had some breakfast, walked around the park and played soccer ball. It was very nice. Afterward, we had to rest up. We had Bug's first performance to attend. We went to see "Not Afraid of the Dark" by the Austin Ballet Apprentice Company. It was perfect for Bug. She was awesome. She was literally on the edge of her seat the whole time either holding our hands or clapping. I loved it. I loved seeing it through her eyes. I love how big she is. This is her glow in the dark necklace that we got at the show. And here we are with her. After the show we headed back toward home. Bug requested bookstore so we went to the Domain. We enjoyed the bookstore, some pizza, playing, and looking at stores. Here Sweetie is trying to convince Bug to put her foot on the big fountain. She would only stick to the small ones. Needless to say, both went to the car with soaked shoes. We had a great day. I am so very lucky to have such a wonderful family. Now we are home and I am finishing this blog so that I can get some studying complete.

No comments: