Friday, December 16, 2005

And it is so

First let me start with last night. We went to Bug's school for the Christmas party. It was so much fun. After, we went to see Santa. Serif was so good for him - although not smiling for the camera still. Such a good night.

This morning started out slowly. When I got to work my boss's boss asked to speak to me. He told me that today would be my last day and I will be paid through next week. This means I got my vacation. It was very strange. I thought Thursday would be my last day. I made sure to finish the work I needed to. No matter what I did not want to leave them in a bad situation.

AP Manager, Tiff, another co-worker, and I went for a long lunch. It was very nice for a last time out. We had the company Christmas party today. During the party, I went back to my desk to send my goodbye e-mail, I am no good with goodbyes, and gather my things to leave. I sent the e-mail and lingered too long and people who I e-mailed began coming over to say goodbye. It meant a lot. An auditor friend there, not the one with KPMG, gave me the name and number of a woman with his company. He said I will find something in no time. Tiff walked me out. We both started tearing up.

It was very hard to say goodbye to AP Manager (Kimberly) and Tiff. They are friends that make my experience at the company worthwhile. I am going back on Tuesday to show of Bug. That is going to be hard.

After leaving I met with a headhunter. We shall see. I am holding out for the perfect job. I want a job like Sweetie, he loves his job and everyone loves him. I am doing ok. I am starting to get bitter and I don't want to. My boss finally spoke to me today. First time since I gave notice.

This next week I am focusing on Christmas. I have four days to clean, decorate, and finish my craft. Then on Friday Sweetie, Bug, Niece, and I are going to have fun. Maybe we will do some baking. I want to get Niece in the kitchen and see what she can do (under complete supervision no worries SIL).

The good news about the day - I had two conversations about my weight loss. One co-worker said that she didn't remember my face being so round (based on my ID), Kimberly said I lost a few chins, and another co-worker said I look beautiful and sexy.

No comments: