Monday, December 26, 2005

Merry Christmas


Merry Christmas. This holiday was amazing. First let me show you what Santa gave me. Yes, I now have a microwave. We had one before. However, when it died a few years ago we did not replace it. The main reason was that we could not find one that was big enough. The one we had was when they made them large enough for casseroles. This one is bigger than our last. My first thought was "I am getting some popcorn". It is going to be strange. We are so used to cooking with only a stove, oven, and electric skillet. Who knows maybe cable is next. LoL.


Christmas Eve Eve we had my niece and we enjoyed shopping, having lunch, and going to my Brother's. It was a lot of fun. Great food, decorating the tree, and niece had other kids to talk to. I hope this tradition continues. But we won't mention my Sweetie eating a full raw jalapeƃ±o pepper.

Christmas Eve I had my normal breakdown and my Sweetie pulled me through it, as always. We went to Church. It was great. They kept it funny for the kids and it ended with everyone holding a candle and singing silent night. After, we had our Christmas eve celebration. Other than me misjudging the start time, due to getting out of church late, I think it went well. We made Snow globes. It was so much fun. But we didn't start gifts until almost midnight. Bug made out. She was so goodands played with everything she received. Sweetie received a freaky little doll that he has wanted. He looks like a kid with this gift. The evening continued until late. I hit the pillow at 3.

Christmas Day started fantastically. SIL and Niece always stay at MIL's. This allows MIL to see Niece's face with Santa gifts. We thought this was a good idea and had my Mom stay the night Christmas Eve. We even put a stocking out for her during the night. She did not notice and when we gave it to her she started to cry. Bug was so happy with her Santa gifts, she looked at us to as if to make sure they were for her. We ate banana nut bread, opened presents, and packed up for Mom's. It was a laid back day. We talked about family no longer with us and enjoyed each other. After a wonderful game of Phase 10 (i won), we headed home. This time we went to bed at oneish.

This morning, Bug let us sleep until 11:30, with a couple of feedings as our only distraction. Today is a relaxing Boxing Day. Tonight is dinner at Mom's for leftovers.

I hope everyone had a great Christmas. I cannot believe next week is 2006. That means that our 8th anniversary is only 8 days away.

No comments: