Sunday, December 04, 2005

In need of sleep

WOW. That is what I have to say about this weekend. Friday night I got together with HowieMaui. We realized we have been friends for 20 years. While I have not seen her in 15, we have kept in touch with the occasional letter- yes, the actual hand written kind. Last time I saw her was the summer of 1990. This was a big summer for me. I went to both UT band camp - please no jokes, I did not play the flute - as well as Camp Allen. She also went to Camp Allen and this was the third time that we went together. We made sure to get the same camp cycle and cabin. That was also where I met James. James from Belton. Poor guy, I do not even remember his last name. All I remember was that he was blonde and we kissed during a dance at camp. Yes, a church camp, of course. 1990 was a big year for me for many reasons. No detail for you. But buy me a drink and you can hear the whole story. Oh where was I? Oh yes, HowieMaui, so I remember the year of that Summer camp trip very well. She came out with her husband. He is great. We bowled and played a board game. Just a really nice evening that went into the wee hours of the morning. I also have to add that my brother found out that I had to work late, so he made and brought food to the house. Such a wonderful brother, I do not say that enough.

Saturday morning was the church bizarre. It was wonderful and Bug got to meet Santa. Then we headed to the tamale fest. That was a fun filled day. Bug got to play with older girls and be the center of attention. Sweetie also tried on his costume for Carnaval and DarkDiva measured me for my corset. I am so excited. I should be working out right now. Found out my bottom will be showing (/em covers mouth in shock). I must start working out. Carnaval is coming soon. The good news is that my Sweetie is a bottom man, so the likely hood of his hands leaving this area for strangers to see is very slim.

Today was the normal church and grocery shopping. Then we gathered MIL, SIL, niece, and Mom and all made bourbon balls. YUM YUM. These are my favorite. We also tried a new kind. In the past, we made bourbon balls which is chocolate and bourbon as well as rum balls which is butterscotch and rum. This year we made mint balls with mint chocolate and peppermint schnapps. Hope they are good. They sit for 3 weeks and we will eat them on Christmas Eve. This makes them very strong. After the in-laws left, we watched Emmet Otter's Jug-Band Christmas. This is one of my favorite Christmas specials. I am lucky enough to own it.

OH AND DID YOU KNOW, A FRAGGLE ROCK MOVIE???? YAYAYAYAYAYAYYAY

No comments: