Sunday, December 11, 2005

Movie Review Time

Short moment to discuss work - my boss is an ass. It became apparent that I could no longer work with him. Even more apparent he will never like me. I gave two weeks, hoping they walk me sooner. I have an interview tomorrow though, and with a company only 5 miles from home and right by Sweetie. That sounds wonderful, no hopes up no hopes up.

Now to the meat of the post. Sweetie and I saw "The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe" on Friday night, yep opening night. It was wonderful. If we had not just finished the book, we would not have noticed the changes as much. Nothing big like Lord of the Rings. If you have had the pleasure to hear my Sweetie vent about this, well you know how we feel about it. The cast - wonderful. Queen Jadis was amazing. Although not tall enough, but you have to read Magician's Nephew to know this. The children were fantastic and very close to my mind's eye. And the movie looked the way Narnia looks. While some of the little additions made sense due to explanation - like how the movie began - there were also a couple of changes that I could not understand. Don't get me wrong, they did not ruin the movie. But the conversation with the beavers about Aslan was not complete. They left of the part where the kids ask if he is a man and find out he is a lion. The also changed a couple of other things, like the fox. However, all in all I loved the movie. Sweetie made sure that I would see it. We held hands and did the whole "date" thing with it. And after the movie, we talked and talked about if the movie lived up to the book. My favorite part? When the stone table breaks. Enough said. I totally teared up at the scene leading up to this. They really pulled it off. My second favorite is when all the children arrive in Narnia and Peter apologizes for not believing her. These are my favorites in the book and the movie. Sweetie's favorite agrees with my second as well as the Centaur rushing Jadis with the Rhino. It was a great evening and he is the sweetest man ever.

Today involved some girl time as Bug and I did some Christmas shopping. Hope Sweetie likes what we got him. She was very picky - you know wanting to grab everything for him. Now it is time to prepare for my interview and get a good night's sleep.

No comments: