Thursday, December 08, 2005

BRRRRRRRRR

OK I live in Texas. I am a Texan. We (at least in Austin) freak out with cold weather. Yesterday the temp dropped into the 20s with some rain. My company closed at 3:00. I got out at 4. I finally made it home after 5:00. It iced over fairly good last night. Most schools are closed and companies are starting late. Sweetie, Bug and I enjoyed a easy morning with some warm breakfast before heading out into the streets. I found out before leaving that the company is closing at 3 again today and that my boss is iced in - YAYAYAYAYAY. This made going in sound so much more appealing.

I headed out. It took me over 30 minutes to get what normally takes 5. At this rate it would have taken me 3 hours to get to work. I decided, along with Mom telling me to turn around, that I can do more in my workday at a computer, be it at home or work, than sitting in traffic unable to do anything. Sweetie made it to work after dropping off Bug, but his commute is less than 1/4 of what mine is. So I sit alone in the house, well as alone as you can be with cats. It is nice after yesterday.

Yesterday was so busy at work. I took tamales in for breakfast. I did not get a chance to heat them and because they sat out all day, I had to throw them out. I was so busy that I did not even stop to get water. I only had my diet coke from the morning. Luckily the AP manager is an angel. She brought me homemade soup for lunch. Not only that, she heated it for me and put it in front of my face to eat. Good thing, or I don't know when I would have been able to eat. The my temp asked if I would like a soda. Very unlike myself I said yes. They were my life saviors yesterday. It made me feel very loved after my boss was being such an ass again. One of my complaints when I leave will be that he expects me to know everything about my recs and entries but it is ok for him to forget about his. BLAH. But at least others love me. And I presented at the meeting. It went ok. I am sure my boss still wants to get rid of me.

On other news, Bug turned 6 months yesterday. How is that possible? He appointment went good. The doctor is still cautious of her weight. He says she is very very healthy, skin looks good, is very strong, and extremely happy. He admits that she might just be thin. She looks small but not skinny. So we go back in three months to see how she is doing. I feel good about it.

Last night we snuggled due to the cold until her 3:30 feeding. Which, due to her weight, we have to continue since that is an extra 4 oz. At this point she went to her crib. Her sleeping in our bed is a very special thing, only happens when mommy needs it or due to the cold. I heard her over the monitor talking away. It made me smile. Then a few hours later I woke up to her talking. She is just like me.

I know if you are from up north you think we are crazy - but it is only 27 degrees outside. IT IS COLD. Our town shuts down for weather like this.

No comments: