Thursday, July 20, 2006

Booth Babe

Today I worked at the Dell Community Fair. They had an area set up with booths of local non-profits. This was our third day there, my first. The first hour I was there with another co-worker. The second I was alone. During the second hour, I received 8 people wanting more information on our programs. Plus I gave out a ton of literature. I got more results in my hour than in the pervious 5 combined. I spoke with knowledge and confidence – I don’t think I have ever done that. No “uhm”s, no “and like”s, and I spoke with a passion.

DAMNIT!

Why do I have to be good at that? Why did I have to have this day of knowledge and power, of feeling like I knew what I was talking about?

Yesterday, I received a response from the CPA firm. They said that they have been busy and out of the office. I understand. They are still interested in me and hope to have a final decision by 8/1.

So I have to make up my mind. The interesting thing is that my boss’s last day is 7/31. This means, if I choose to go, that I would not be giving notice to her. And while this has been the case since my boss gave her notice, it is even more so now, I cannot have her in my decision making equation.

Now I have no idea what the environment is like at the CPA firm. But I have no idea what the environment will be like here with a new ED. I feel like either way I am starting a new job.

This is a very hard decision. Part time CPA work is rare (I could finish my CPA faster). But so is a full time job with only 35 hours a week and 4 weeks off a year.

If only this job paid more.

So I have to brag on my Sweetie for a minute. Every morning, I drop him off at work. He gets his bag from the back seat and comes to my window and kisses me. There was a car next to us on my side. So he kissed me. Waited a second, kissed me again, and said that was because he couldn’t walk around. Too cute. Then Tuesday night he had to work late. He went into the office after we had dinner. He was not very late and I was chatting with him while he was at work. He came home, kissed me, and went to the computer room to finish what needed to be done for the next morning. I thought nothing of it. He came back a minute later and snuggled in on the couch with me. He told me that he wanted to spend some time with me before working. Then last night I went to bed first, to read my book for the bookclub and get ready for bed. When I decided I had enough of the reading, put away my book, and turned off my light, I hear our word that we use to mean “I love you more than life” from the living room. I had said nothing and Sweetie was playing his game. I ask why he said that and he said “I heard noises that mean you are going to sleep now.” Oh I love him. It is the little things.

Tonight is the stitch-n-bitch. We should have fun. I will take my knitting and see how far I get. Probably more bitching. HS Cancer friend will be there. I have a ton of information to give her.

Have I ever mentioned that I hate making decisions? Well, I do.

1 comment:

Kate Giovinco Photography said...

Good luck, the part time CPA position sounds great and would work well with the goals you have to finish your CPA.

Your sweetie is a keeper!