Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Home Again

We are home. We did not get home until 7:30 last night due to missing our flight. But I am not getting into that, as I want this to be a happy post. All I have to say is that American Airlines sucks.

The trip was amazing. We have 689 photos from our digital camera and several rolls of film to develop. I am so lucky to have a family that I can spend a week with - 24 hours a day - and not want to kill any of them. We saw the SanDiego coast, SanDiego Zoo, Down Town Disney, Disney Land, and California Adventure. During our trip we saw polar bears, a talking trash can, a scary plastic bag, and Goofy. We experienced being stuck in the "Pirates of the Caribbean" ride during the most annoying part, the "pirate life for me" part with the burning building and all the drunk pirates singing. It got annoying. Bug got restless, but she hung in there. We even got my Mom on a Rollercoaster, her first. And Bug was so good!!! She was a little trooper with the plane rides, car rides, waiting in line, the heat, the rides she rode on, and all the people.

The trip was so much fun and with six days of excitement, there is no way that I could possibly blog about all of the fun.

We came home to burgers and hotdogs. My brother told me before I left that he was going to make sure that we did not have to do anything for the 4th. He had hotdogs, burgers, watermelon, and sodas all ready to eat. My brother and SIL are amazing. We ate and set off fireworks. It was a very nice celebration, even if we did get home later than expected.

I was to return to work today, but I was feeling less than wonderful and wanted to give Bug a half way normal day before returning to school. So, we slept. That was so nice.

San Diego Coast.
Bug riding her first ride at the Zoo.
Bug dancing to the blues in Downtown Disney.
Me and the Castle.

Bug playing with a fountain in California Adventure.

Where I am applying. Great location too, Main Street.

Bug at LAX waiting for our flight.

Now I must get ready for bed. I have to go to work tomorrow - ugh.

3 comments:

Summer Girl said...

WElcome back! I'm so glad you enjoyed your trip! The pics are great!

Kate Giovinco Photography said...

Welcome home...looks like a fun vacation!

Grammy G said...

It was such a wonderful time. Filled with lots of love, laughter and memories. Something we can always cherish. Thank you for a wonderful vacation.