Thursday, July 13, 2006

Thursday Thirteen

Our family walk did not happen. We came home and put on Finding Nemo while we ate dinner. Shortly after eating, Bug fell asleep. Now what happens when a Bug falls asleep on you? You fall asleep too. I mean we both passed out. Sweetie finished the movie and played on his computer. But Bug and I slept like it was night time - well it was for her. I am back awake now hoping that I did not screw up my sleeping schedule and can sleep tonight. So no walk. But really good sleep.

Mamma Bee and Summer Girl participate in this thing called Thursday Thirteen. I think I will give it a try.


Thirteen Things about Getting Healthier


1. With my thyroid levels normal, I want to focus on being healthier.

2. I know that I need to eat better. My problem is that I am either eating really healthy or crap. There is no in between.

3. I am hoping that if I could feel how eating healthier can make me, well feel, that I would want to do it without needing to be "on plan".

4. I am starting Phase One of South Beach again on Monday. Not sure if I will do the full 14 days. I am aiming for during the week at least.

5. The weekends are the hardest. Honestly, if I could eat closer to Phase Two (more fruits and whole grains) on the weekends and a Phase one day or two during the week, I think I could do this.

6. And then there is exercise.

7. I used to exercise in the morning before getting ready for work. I really liked that time of day.

8. But at 6am I normally have a baby in my arms. I love snuggling her. How do I leave that to exercise?

9. See, this is why I need to get this as a routine before adding more stress to my life.

10. Once I get my butt up, the 6am thing would be best. I could workout and spend one hour for just me. I could walk and do Yourself Fitness. I have been wanting a good workout. To feel my body move.

11. I gave myself this week off to finish getting over that strep, I am still on the antibiotics. But come this weekend, I have to do something.

12. I need to stay away from the vast amount of chocolate in the office. Who knew such athletic people would have so much candy around.

13. Birthday is in just over 17 weeks. 17 weeks until 30. I can make my goal, I just need to be healthy. And give up the numbers. If I am eating healthy and exercising the majority of the week - and it is a habit by my birthday - isn't that meeting my goal of being healthier?

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. (leave your link in comments, IÂ’ll add you here!)



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!




1 comment:

Summer Girl said...

I'm a little late but I love it! I'm really enjoying TT and I hope you do too!

Sleeping with THe Boy is so nice! Although, he has a body temp like his daddy and gets so hot! AF is here with a vengence and all I want to do is sleep with The Boy!