Thursday, September 07, 2006

HYPER

Not sure why, but I am hyper. I have been going non-stop today.

This morning was Bug's 15 month appointment. Our Dr is in a new office. Last week when we were there Bug was shy and timid - she wasn't sure of this new place. Today we walk in and she acted like she ran the place. In the waiting room she was talking away, we were the only ones there, and she kept going to the door that actually goes into the office area and yelling at it - she knew we were supposed to go through there. Then she had to sit in the chairs, big people chairs mind you, all by herself and I had to sit in the one next to her. When the nurse called our name, Bug walked right in the door and went to the scale. I tell you, she remembered.

Bottom line, she is healthy healthy healthy. Her height is on the growth chart. Her weight isn't, but it has been improving each time we go in. Then she got three shots. Good news is that she is done for shots until she is 4. We don't go back for another well-baby check-up until she turns 2.

Then I get to work and find out that another coworker is leaving. Seems everyone is bailing. I had to deal with both her and my paperwork for HR and then I was working on special projects for the walk in Oct. Talk about busy. It felt good. I felt needed. Not enough to stay, but enough to be leaving on very good terms.

Life is so funny. I accept a job offer, a good one mind you. Then Tuesday night I got a call from a CPA firm in Georgetown that I applied to. They wanted an interview. Of course, I declined explaining that I already received a position. It would be a longer commute and I am pretty sure less pay. Then yesterday I received a call from Dell regarding wanting to set up interviews. Now I have heard stories about the long hours at Dell. So I am much happier with the decision I made, but isn't it funny. They all come out of the woodwork AFTER I accept an offer.

But I am hyper. And that is a good thing.

No comments: