Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Not Us

Semi-hard day. Nothing bad like last week. But feeling the blahs. My new boss left the office this morning and will not be back until Thursday. This is not bad. But I have not been trained enough to have anything to do. So this afternoon is laid back. Tomorrow I will be doing admin stuff to help the team; I don’t mind that at all. But for now, I have silence for my mind to wander.

I did get out for lunch. Didn’t go home this time, went to Schlotskys. OMG I thought I was splurging a lil and not getting my normal and getting a medium. Tonight is my weigh in time. I didn’t go last week and while I don’t think I can stay for the meeting, I wanted to weigh in. I also have not counted my points, just been watching my intake and trying to listen to my body. I got back from lunch very full. I looked up the nutrition, want to start following the program this week, and guess what? Lunch was 32 points. I have had 35 points today. For the non-WW people out there, I have already gone over my points by 13. I do get 35 points a week to use – above the 22 a day, but I am starting this week off with 13 already used. That is ok, I am not giving up. A healthy weight will be mine, in spite of everything.

Last night after I blogged we had a bit of stress. I checked our messages and we had a call from what we found out was a collection agency. The message said that they wanted to speak to Sweetie regarding the matter before moving forward. OK that sounds bad enough. I had no clue what it could be. During our discussion to try and figure it out we opened the mail to find a $1,000 bill from my last two blood lettings. These normally cost me $8.50. I was shocked. Yes, I am making more now, but I wanted to get caught up a little – like buying tires and registration for my car – not paying lab bills.

Sweetie was awesome. He took everything to work. Insurance is with his work and the collection call was for Sweetie – so I couldn’t call. Within the 1st hour of being at work he had it all worked out. Collection call was for a loan that was not ours. They tried to tell him that he got a loan with XYZ company in 2000. He said he did not. They got cocky and asked when he last looked at his credit report. He said last year and that this was not on it. That is when they realized that the SSN and Addresses did not match up. He also called the lab. They were very nice. He got it all worked out and they are resubmitting the insurance claim and will send updated statements to us. In a word he was awesome.

Tomorrow night is our next counseling session. We have done a lot this week. Nothing prescribed by the counselor mind you, but a lot for us. We have gotten more from other resources than from our session. Our communication has been much more open and honest. Now this does not mean that we are quitting our counseling, I just think we might need to find someone new, but tomorrow night will tell. The main thing is for us to keep at it. I truly think that all couples would benefit from counseling of some sort. I am grateful that Sweetie set this up.

Ok off to weigh in – ugh, and get my Bug – YAY.

No comments: