Friday, September 01, 2006

Me Time

Oh I loves me some me time. I got off work at 3:00. Due to not wanting to drive all the way home and back to pick Sweetie up at 5:00, I ended up at the Arboretum for 2 hours of quality me time. My first stop was at Starbucks for a Pumpkin Frap - what a perfect way to pretend it is fall. I walked around, looked at shops, found cute shirts at the Gap that I did not buy, found some items at Bath and Body works but did not buy, and really didn't find anything at Pottery Barn - but enjoyed looking. I worked my way back to B&N, found a book I wanted to buy and a big chair to lounge in. I was having a good time.

Then the phone rings. Backtrack - I found out this morning that company close to home was calling references. No hopes up at that point, you never know. So it was 4:45, I had already given up hope of hearing anything today.

Bottom line, I GOT THE JOB. On 9/25 I start as the Accounting Manager for a retirement and health benefits administration company. WOO HOO!!!!!!!! Everyone I interviewed with has been there 11-17 years. That is impressive.

I am so excited, but it feels so strange. This is the first job that I have gotten where when taking it I am thinking of long term. Every other job has been "while in school" or "until something better". While I am still studying for the CPA, I do not plan to look for a job after I complete it. You see, I will need it. My boss, his boss, and her boss all have their CPAs. Oh and did I mention that they don't really do any overtime? I am so excited.

So on Tuesday I give notice at my non-profit. That is going to be hard for me. I really do love the people and the work is a no brainer (of course that is why I am looking). I am giving two weeks and then taking a week for myself.

It just seems so strange. I am an Accounting Manager!

2 comments:

Grammy G said...

I have so excited for you. You are going to do great at your new job.

Love,
Grammy G

Crista said...

Congratulations!!! That's awesome news!