Sunday, September 17, 2006

it's butt kicking time

Sorry for my absence. Last week was crazy. It was my last week at my non-profit. It was busy and emotional. I had my going away lunch on Thursday. Sweetie even came and we enjoyed some FireBowl. After, I went and gave my blood. I got the results on Friday. The exact results will be discussed at my appointment tomorrow morning.

This weekend was crazy busy. Friday night we drove to Canyon Lake with MIL so Bug could meet her Great-Aunt and Great-Uncle. We came back early Saturday afternoon. That night Sweetie and I had a date night. Bug even stayed the night at Mom’s house. We had the BEST date. We bought movie tickets and had time to kill. So, we went to the mall and shared a smoothie. Then we went and saw Little Miss Sunshine. That was a hilarious movie. I laughed so very hard. Seriously, a funny movie. We finished the date with a trip to the Arbor. We enjoyed Barnes & Noble, a nice romantic walk through the parking garage, and finally ending at Cheesecake factory with sharing a strawberry-shortcake and drinks. Such a great date. The evening was filed with much laughter and intimate conversation.

Today has been one errand to the next. We are in the process of some home improvement projects. Should be fun. We are working on our yard, flooring, and painting our bedroom.

This blog may be changing. As I said above, I received my test results. I have been experiencing some bad, for me at least, depression for a couple of months. I thought it was due to my medication level needing reduction. I found out on Friday that my levels are normal.

I refuse to go back on meds, so I am in the process of working on me. Knowing full well that depression and emotional issues are always complicated, Sweetie and I are starting counseling tomorrow. Every couple has issues to one degree or another. We have a strong base and love each other very much. We simply want to make sure that it stays that way.

The reason I bring it up is that I am going to use this blog to help work through my issues. This might make the blog more boring, or not, who knows.

I am off from work this next week and plan to work on me. I will keep everyone updated.

Eight weeks until my B-day. I am hoping to make progress in kicking this depression’s ass.

No comments: