Sunday, May 07, 2006

11 months

Today, Bug is 11 months. This amazes me. She is turning into the sweetest little girl. I just love hanging out with her. And I am very lucky that I got to do that a lot this weekend.

I have not blogged in forever it seems. Thursday night I went out with BestFriend and Arden. HowieMaui could not make it and was missed. We planned to play pool. However, the pool area was reserved for another hour after we got there. No problem, we had dinner and went back. It was over an hour later but still reserved. We decided pool would have to be for next time and went to WorldMarket where we shopped and talked. All in all still a good night. Sweetie is so wonderful about letting me go out with the girls. This is going to be a regular occurrence - like once to twice a month. Yay.

Sweetie and I had a rare situation this weekend. We did not have any plans on Friday or Saturday. That was so nice. Don't get me wrong, I love hanging out with family and friends - but to just be with Sweetie and Bug, that was wonderful. We went to the bookstore on Friday night and hung out (aka Sweetie played his game while I read and surfed). And then Saturday we spent the day Mother's day shopping. It was so much fun. Last night Sweetie and I watched "The Green Mile" while doing laundry. I know it sounds corny - but I loved it.

Currently Sweetie and Bug are napping. I cannot say anything as they let me sleep in. That was nice. I woke to a horrible cramp in my back - I get these a lot now. But the sleeping in was good. Then we are getting all packed up and going to the new Blanton museum with HowieMaui and her husband. I cannot wait. I love museums and this will be Bug's first one outside my belly.

Only a month until her b-day. I am shocked - it has gone by so quickly.

I am a little upset as my goal for her b-day was to be a healthy weight. Due to my meds, I do not think this will be possible. Blah. So I will focus on moving my body until then and not allowing myself to become obsessed.

Next weekend should help that. I am hoping to do two 5ks. One on Saturday for March of Dimes. I have a HS friend who had two premature babies - one survived into a beautiful now 3 year old, the other only lasted minutes. Needless to say this is a charity close to her heart and I will be there to show my support. Then on Sunday is the Austin Runner's Club Daisy 5K benefitting Any Baby Can.

Oh ya and next weekend is Mother's day. That means that Saturday night is our date night with Ballet Austin. Such a packed first mother's day for me. I love it.

No comments: