Monday, May 15, 2006

May 15th

Today marks 9 years since we lost Sweetie's father. So much has changed in that time. We miss him greatly. But I know he remains close.

This anniversary always makes Sweetie and I want to be together nonstop. If I could have, all my current sick time is used up, I would have had us skip work. Since we could not do that, lunch was in order. I said that we "should" eat what we brought and save the money. Sweetie agreed. Then not even 5 minutes later he imed me that he didn't care, he missed me, and wanted to see me.

Today also marks the date to begin training for Motive, but I don't think that is realistic. Or it also marks the day to start studying for the CPA - in order to test for all four sections before my b-day. Sweetie and I had a long talk last night. He wants me to still hold off on the testing until my levels are normal and I have the whole eating healthy and exercising routine as a habit. Makes sense.

So I am going to focus on eating healthy, exercising, de-stressing, and organizing the house. I have four weeks until I have my blood tested again. Once I get the results, I will reevaluate. I may start studying at that point, or I may still be focusing on lifestyle. I hate this medicine and I want to do anything and everything I can to get off of it. The scale moving upward is killing me.

If only I could focus on being healthy and not a number on the scale.

And everything I read tells me that a southbeach-like diet is the best for me. I am working on Weight Watchers now. However, I am going to focus on the core plan with my menu planning - it is very much like south beach. We shall see.

I am getting ready to pack up and get Sweetie and Bug. Bug is so silly. She danced for everyone yesterday. And gave me a million kisses. I love that sweet little girl. Tonight I will hold her extra tight.

1 comment:

Crista said...

I'm so sorry for your loss, and the years of missing your FIL.

Taking care of yourself is definitely a priority, so I'm glad you are focusing on it! The rest of it can wait.