Tuesday, May 02, 2006

May Already?

How is it already May? The 8th marks 14 years since I met Sweetie. All I can say is hottub and white t-shirt. teeheehee

After my last post, I came the next day to work to find a nice card from everyone in the office without the word assistant on it and a $25 gift certificate to Cheesecake Factory. I was supposed to get it with the balloon, but my boss forgot it on her desk. That did make up for it a bit. I plan to use it on the 13th when Sweetie takes me out on the town for Mother's Day. Dinner, Ballet Austin's Romeo & Juliet followed by drinks and cheesecake at the Cheesecake Factory (a tradition of ours).

No word from the company I interviewed with. Today at lunch, Sweetie asked if I followed up. HAHAHAHAHA of COURSE I followed up. I have called or emailed everyday since the interview.

South Beach Phase one phased out. Sweetie and I felt very limited with our snacks. I know there are some great things out there to eat. But when you want crunch - you want a chip- not a celery stalk.

New 30th b-day goals: After much research, I am bowing out of the Motive Bison Stampede. I do not want to start a training that I might not finish. The reason being Graves causes muscle fatigue. I am not sure if my legs could take 3-4 hours. And I am not in a "beat all odds" mood. I did Motive before. I was 190 pounds and completed it. I still want a goal for my b-day. I have never run a mile in my life, not even in school. I always walked. Now, I have a bad knee, so I have to take it easy and train for the full 6 months that I have. But I want to run for my birthday.

This means I get to have a b-day party on the day before my b-day - yay. I am not sure what I want to do yet. I told Sweetie "no surprises". I want to plan the perfect b-day. Not that I expect a perfect day, but I want to be doing something I truly love with people I truly love.

OK so new goal for 30th b-day less than 28 weeks - To be the healthiest I have ever been. My realistic - think about when having a hard day - goal is to run a 5k (Susan G Komen)and to be considered in a healthy weight range.

However, my "carrot on a stick" goal is to run a 10k - and to be at my goal weight. I figure if I was able to train to walk 13.1 when I was obese, I can train to run 6.2 when I am much lighter.

I also joined the President's Challenge. I hope it helps to be a part of a group.

OK This has taken hours to write. Stupid work. We have a guy from the Home Office coming for the next two days. Should be nice and exhausting as I get to attend EVERY meeting with him and take him to lunch on both days. Blah.

Only one more hour until I get to see my little girl - who kisses us now - heehee. She is not like a lot of babies. She likes her hugs but only kisses when she wants to - and last night she kissed both me and Sweetie. I love those baby kisses. AND surprisingly, they were close mouthed, lol.

1 comment:

Kate Giovinco Photography said...

Good luck on all your goals.

Happy Anniversary!