Friday, May 26, 2006

Turning Point

Sit back, relax, and let me tell you a story.

Back when I was in Jr High I had two "best friends". One lived in my neighborhood and one lived in Round Rock (not far away and same school). The one in Round Rock, we will call her RR, had a friend whose parents were split up. One parent lived in Round Rock close to RR and the other lived in Pflugerville (not too far but a different school district). RR and her friend would go to Pville to visit the other parent. RR met a boy in pville. The friend and RR's relationship lessened (not sure what happened), but her romance with her Pville boy was strong so she continued to Pville to visit. Confused yet? Let's continue.

So, Neighbor, RR, and I became best friends. We spent all our time together. She took us to Pville to meet her boyfriend and his friends. I started dating, let's call him Coin. Soon RR and her boyfriend broke up - really do not remember why. Neighbor started dating him. I do not remember if this was an issue. I just remember that all three of us would go to Pville during the summer and stay all day hanging out with these guys then it was just Neighbor and myself going. Coin and I were not soulmates and did not last.

Coin and I kept in touch. I introduced him to other friends. He dated W, I think he dated S, I know he dated C, and he dated L. But I am digressing. May 1992 he took me and C to a party. That is where I met Sweetie. That is where he said "The short one's mine" to Sweetie.

The point? Tonight we are celebrating HS friend's 29th b-day. The Two HS friends that we have been hanging out with and Sweetie and I are going. Sweetie is the only guy going and will be the DD. However, there is one other joinging us, RR. I have not seen her for years. She is the reason I have Sweetie. Without her I would have never met the Pville group, and I would have never gone to that party. I will let everyone know how it goes.

No comments: