Sunday, May 14, 2006

Happy Mother's Day

This weekend has been superb.

Friday night we hung out with HowieMaui and her husband. Good times, good times.

Yesterday, we packed up Bug and participated in Walkamerica. We supported HS friend and the whole event was very moving. During the walk they had memorials on the walk for the babies lost. My friend's son was one of these memorials. When I saw it, tears began streaming down my face. I wasn't bawling, but I could not control the tears. I did the whole walk and Bug was awake for a good 70% of it. The most important thing was that my friend knows that we went out and supported her. And I got a workout in.

After the walk we met Brother, SIL, and Mom for a Mother's Day brunch, as Brother could not make the celebration on Sunday. That was the BEST food. After such good food and exercise, what else could we do but take a family nap? Plus it was a perfect priming for our date night.

Our date night was the best ever. The evening began with a quick stop at Starbucks. We enjoyed cold drinks (it was very hot yesterday) and a small bite while enjoying each other's company. Then we headed to the Ballet. It was AWESOME. The costumes were amazing, the dancing beautiful, and the choreography moving. We watched with our arms interlinked. I am so very happy that we saw this ballet. It was amazing. After the ballet we stopped by ToyJoy and got a couple of things for Bug's b-day. We are rarely downtown anymore and this is a cool toy store that stays open until after midnight.

We finished the evening at Cheesecake factory. This location was a movie theater when we had our first date 14 years ago on the 10th. While we miss the theater a great deal, we are happy that there is something there where we can sit and reminisce.

Truly, it was a fantastic date. I love my husband. And having him hold my hand in his, looking me in the eye, and telling me how much he loves when we go on dates like this, it simply makes a girl's heart melt.

Today consisted of Bug and me at Target at 8:30. Yes, this was by choice as we needed a couple of items for the Mother's day event. This was a perfect beginning to my first Mother's day. Bug and I shopped and had a blast. Sweetie was busy at home with the lawn. And I even got an outfit for myself. We had SIL (Sweetie's sister), niece, MIL, Bug's Great Grandpa, and Mom over for Mother's Day fun. I received beautiful and thoughtful gifts. I am very lucky. Bug got me two books for me to read to her - I love it - and Sweetie got me a new battery for my camera.

As I sit here, everyone is playing a game. I am downloading photos - yep another photo update coming soon. I am blissfully happy. Bug has been busy today showing off her walking abilities. I still cannot believe she is as big as she is. In 2003, Sweetie was working at a steakhouse on Mother's day. One of his tables had a young boy choke on some fatty meat. Sweetie came to the rescue and performed the heimlich. This year, we discussed this event in detail as Sweetie is now a dad. I love that story, it is one he is most proud of.

Now I am off to have some of our favorite Chinese food with Sweetie. A perfect end to a perfect weekend.

I hope everyone had a wonderful day.

2 comments:

Kate Giovinco Photography said...

Happy Mother's Day!

Crista said...

So glad you had a great Mothers' Day! Looking forward to those photos...