Monday, August 21, 2006

Interesting Day

Well last week I found out that I did not get the entry level accounting job that I interviewed for and the CPA Firm responded saying no to the salary demand. I am grateful for both.

I have two interviews tomorrow. Very interesting. Turns out that I am interviewing with someone I worked with back in my days with entertainment lighting. Small world. The second would be nice because it is an Accounting Manager and that is always nice for the 'ol resume. That and it is only 4.7 miles from home.

I gave both my salary requirement. Hopefully they paid attention. While I am looking, the main reason is due to money. Otherwise, I love the time off and such. So it is going to take some moo-lah to get me. LOL.

We will see. I have no hopes up.

This weekend was nice and relaxing. The best part was last night. I was cleaning bottles and sippy cups at the sink in the kitchen. Bug came in a couple of times and hugged my legs. I loved it but worried that she would get upset that I could not pick her up. This was not the case. She ran off again, came back and hugged my legs. This time she added a zerbert (or strawberry) to my thighs. I giggle, of course. She does it again. It became this whole game of me getting my legs hugged and zerberted. It made me really feel like a mom with a kid, not a baby, but a kid.

Man I love her.

That and falling asleep in Sweetie's arms last night. It just felt so right and comfy. I love days like that.

Oh and I dropped my classes. I was going to take two to defer my loan payments. However, I got the big one deferred based on my low salary. That is right, I make little enough to claim economic hardship. I don't have to pay on this loan for a year. And while taking classes would defer the smaller one, between books and tuition I would be spending the same amount anyway.

And in other good news, I have been reading a book about weight loss and I think it is going to really help. Once I get through it and have a final opinion, I will let you know what it is. But so far so good.

And while the laundry is not all put away yet, we are working on it everyday. Slow progress is still progress. I am hoping to get some done on my bedroom tonight, as I practice my interviewing skills. I really do hate interviews.

Now it is time to pick up my little pixie. I hope everyone has a great evening. I will let you know how the interviews go.

2 comments:

Kate Giovinco Photography said...

Good luck on the interviews!

Crista said...

Just wanted to wish you luck with the interviews too! Sorry I've been MIA once again...slowing trying to catch up again!

Isn't toddlerhood amazing? They grow up so darned fast...