Monday, August 14, 2006

More bitching

So the Development Director here commented on one of our programs on Friday. She wants to meet with me today to discuss it. She asked if I would be interested in this particular campaign. Not saying a straight out no, and wanting to be open minded, I prepare myself for our discussion. I go into the employee files to see what this campaign coordinator makes, assuming it will be the same or more than me, as I am on the "management committee".

Nope she makes more. Not a lot but more. So I look through the other files. There are two people who have been here right at a year, or less, that make more than me that I am supposed to "manage". And the management team that I am on, they all make 10k more.

Now I understand that this is a non-profit. However, when I tried to negotiate, I was told that this salary was set in stone. As the Office Manager, I should have had the employee files all along. Nope, ex-boss kept them in her office and when sending paperwork to home office would put "confidential" across the seal. I could not understand why I could not know these things when other office managers within our organization keep these files in these office. Now I know.

Pisses me off. Want to know why? If I was at 10k more, I would not be looking. I would be settling in and happy. But no, I feel I am stressed and looking for another job. I feel that I am in a limbo. That pisses me off.

On a happy note, Sweetie and I really got a lot done yesterday after the grocery store. Bug fell asleep and took a couple hours of a nap. I went through our closet. I picked up clothes from the floor, and created a give away pile. This is HUGE for me. But both Sweetie and I have hit the point of wanting to consolidate. And although the clothing is in GREAT shape, I have in my give away pile my mustard shirt with shoulder pads bought around 1989 and a pair of stir-up pants that I am sure are from around the same time frame. I did not go through Sweetie's clothing except for the T-back t-shirts that he wore during our first summer together.

While I was attacking the closet, Sweetie was sorting and folding the freshly washed clothing. I am on a "everything in the house will be clean this week" kick. He is very good about the folding - even has a flip-n-fold, or whatever it is called.

By the time that Bug woke up, we accomplished so much. I am taking advantage of this energy and organization streak. Hoping to finish the laundry tonight and start on our bedroom tomorrow.

I realized that I will not be the healthiest that I can be if I am studying to test for the CPA. And I need to be the healthiest that I can be before I start studying. So that is my goal. Healthy and happy.

Less than 3 months to b-day.

1 comment:

Kate Giovinco Photography said...

I would be pissed as well, can you see if you can get a raise!