Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Superwoman

I don’t want to work today. I had an interview yesterday. Not sure how it went. It is for an Accountant I position. That mean new graduate. I am not a new graduate, but their job site said this was “a perfect match”, so I applied. I am not getting into the details. Not sure if I want it or if they would even want me. I am over qualified.

I met with six people. I met with all but two as a one-on-one. This was a long interview. Each person was confused by my resume. I graduated with my BBA in 2002. But I was working since 1997. How is that possible? Each one was shocked to hear that not only did I work while attending school (that was shocking enough), but that I worked in Accounting and full time throughout my BBA and MBA. I mean they were super shocked. They did not know how to take the information. They were impressed, like I was superwoman. I left out that I finished my MBA while not only working but at 36 weeks pregnant. I think that would have caused a melt down. Of the professionals that I respect, the majority worked while attending school. This includes past supervisors, my mentor, and other coworkers and friends. For these people to not comprehend that I was able to do it all while maintaining good grades and keeping up with monthly close and audits floors me. I am not sure if this was a good or a bad sign.

No comments: