Saturday, August 05, 2006

Thoughts from the couch

Party was a success. I could not even stay up for all of it. I passed out around 4, I think. Sweetie said that last of the guests left around 5:30. Currently Bug and Sweetie sleep. Have to be ready for another party tonight. Luckily, this one is without alcohol.

I have to figure out what I am going to wear.

14 weeks until my b-day. I have a plan for me to feel my best. And I have not decided if I am going to save testing for 2007. I may take the next three months to focus on me, my health - mental and physical, as well as my organization of my house. Then I could take the needed 6 months and crank it out. This would allow more time for my meds to be regulated as well as any adjustment if I start a new job. Not to mention, if I am successful in my goal for my b-day, I will have more confidence, and that can't hurt.

Today is a Tori Amos day. One of those days where her music makes the most sense. Not in depressed way - because I do tend to listen to her when I feel sad - but in a comforting way. These cd's are like old friends. I know some of you understand. This a bubble bath day, maybe I will get one before the party. Otherwise holding my sleeping baby. blogging, and singing along to my iTunes will have to do.

During my nap, well before I feel asleep, I was taken back years ago - not sure when, but we were in this house, so after 1999. It was a fall day. One of the first days where you don't have to have the AC running. Yet the sun was bright as a summer day. Sweetie and I had the living room windows open. Between the outside breeze and the overhead fan, there was a nice movement of cool air. We napped. Both on our large couch. In the background played a collection of arias. It is a memory of the perfect nap. I wonder if Sweetie remembers. There was nothing else significant about the day. Yet, I remember this nap. I remember being in and out of sleep, holding my love, and listening to beautiful music.

I love memories like this. These are the type of memories that make a relationship. While the typical over-the-top romantic moments for valentines day, b-day or anniversary are great, it is the "little things" that stay in your mind years later that are the support of the relationship. Like inside jokes, favorite card games, or a silly language.

Bug is starting to stir, that is my cue to bring this post to a close.

No comments: