Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Back at Work

It is very quiet here. My boss is out. I am trying to get caught up and look like the good employee, but I am so very not motivated.

Good news is my girlie doc called and all is normal - yay.

Last week in 2006. That makes me happy. 2007 is going to be about health, healing, and growth. I say this as I drink a real coke and eat a piece of fudge. Stupid co-workers bringing in sweets to the break room, and stupid coke machine for giving me the real one instead of diet. Blah.

I planned to start my walking plan for the 10k today. However, I have a nasty head cold. Must go see Dr tomorrow. Don’t want it to turn to bronchitis. Bronchitis and I are like BFF.

So I have motivation to lose my weight. 1) I want to be healthier. 2) I want to get back down to where my smaller clothing is not tight. 3) I want to look like I did when I weighed less. 4) SIL#2's wedding is going to be anywhere from early to late summer. That right there is big motivation. I already have a plan in excel. LOL. I wanted to start right away. But knowing that this week is a strange week, then we have News Years and anniversary, starting anything right now just would not work for me. So my goal this week is to get my water in. I know it sounds overly simple. And I am really good at my water. But it is a goal and something I can do that makes me feel healthier without setting myself up for failure. As I write this, I have already had my 8 cups of water today.

And it seems I may have a new hobby, but I am not committing to anything too soon. MIL got me the greatest little kit that teaches you to knit. Four people have tried to teach me. Somehow this kit is making sense. Sure I had to ask Mom a couple of questions, but overall it just makes more sense. And the first project they have you do is a bookmark. It is small enough to not be intimidating. But also small enough that you can take it all out and start over without feeling like - I am NOT doing that again. I have been working on it and I think I am on version 6 of the bookmark. I want to make sure I have the stitches down and that kind of thing.

In my whole early New Years resolution mode, I also rejoined Flylady. I am hoping it helps. I want to have things in a better balance before I start studying again. Not sure if I am starting the Beginner program tonight or on the 1st.

As with all things like this, I will keep you informed. So I have a plan for my body and my house. I simply need to make a final decision on the eating part, and I will be set.

In spite of the coughing and tiredness, I am in a great mood today. Tonight is Sweetie's game night for FFXI. I plan to play with a bug and then knit after she goes to sleep. I know, I am such a party animal.

1 comment:

Summer Girl said...

Best of luck to you! My plan is to drink my water too. I have a huge insulated cup that holds 64 oz of water. It is my goal to fill it up in the morning and have it gone by the time I leave school. It is amazing how something so "simple" can make you feel so much better! I'm trying to get back on the weight loss band wagon. I'd like to exercise more and eat more healthy foods. I only have about 10 pounds to lose, so I hope I can do it! Let's try to keep each other in check!

(PS I'm so glad I can post again! I had no idea how to tell you I couldn't!)